Friday, October 7, 2011

2010 Domaine "La Garrigue" Cotes Du Rhone

Almost 2009.
When I hear the word "garrigue" a Pavlovian response ensues.  Garrigue refers to the Rhone scrubland which is a mixture of scrubs, herbs, lavender, and goodness.  Olivia and I rode our bikes through fields of garrigue last summer and the fragrance of thyme, lavander, and rosemary still lives with me to this day.  This wine reminds me so much of our time in the Rhone last summer.  It has that lovely rusticity that only sun-baked Granache can provide.  This bottle survived two nights.  The first night we threw together a peanut shrimp curry and the second night we braised boneless shortribs in a sofrito, vegetable broth.  This wine held up to both wonderfully and I can't recommend it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment