Sunday, October 16, 2011




1996 Chateau Grand-Puy-Lacoste:
This was our dinner wine which Penny's boyfriend Paul brought over.  I already liked him, but this sealed the deal.  We paired it with several salads, grilled beef tenderloin with black truffle butter, Sally's famous meatballs, and some other sides.  I am certain that this was one of the top 5 wines I've ever tasted.  I'm not sure what it was like a year ago or what it will be like a year from now, but right now, this wine is a perfect symphony.  I haven't the patience or money to buy Bordeaux futures and put them aside for 15 years, but now it is evident why others do.  The completeness of this wine is what really made it sing.  Tannins, acidity, balance, finish, and any other thing you could want were all in perfect harmony.  I fear I may have caught the Bordeaux bug with this one!




No comments:

Post a Comment